Friday, November 20, 2009

Red Camp is over...

Redcamp has come to full stop. That was also my very last Redcamp in Ngee Ann Polytechnic. During the 3 days of Redcamp, I have been busy rehearsing with the Skit committee and also other performances as I was the Sound Co-ordinator for this year's Redcamp. Initially, I was happy to be in this role as I like to explore the control room and help out in this AV related stuffs. No doubts, I had fun in the control room. However, I missed out all the fun with my tribe, Apache. Right from the first day, I could see that this year's Apache is a very loud crowd. I was happy for them. Eventually, we really got the title, 'Best tribe for Redcamp 2009'.

Deep inside my heart, I felt sad that I couldn't participate in all the events and activities. What's worst was that I couldn't interact much with the RedCampers. I didn't really have chance to eat with them, play with them, cheer with them, laugh with them and bond with them. Kind of regret it. Thus, knowing how it feels to be separated from my tribe, I kept on asking my friend Nian Ting who was not only the Video Co-ordinator but also busy with lights and sounds at times to go join her tribe whenever it is possible. After all, I was the one who brought her into this committee. Opps... Sorry...

I was only happy on the last day of Redcamp before the Hop night started. This is because a few of the redcampers actually came up to take photo with me. I really appreciate that. To me, it is sort of a recognition for me and it makes me feel like part of the Apache family again.

As for the Skits, I thought it was really well done. Good job to each and everyone who was involved in it. As for my own performance, it was quite disappointing. I guess I could have done better. Besides that, one thing that I was tired of was to wait. We would have to wait for the Light coordinator to re-learn what is the skit all about before trying out the light. We didn't need to waste time waiting if he comes to all the rehearsals during the past weeks. Hiaz...

On a lighter note, I am pleased to know more people in Ambassador. All and all, I regretted not being able to participate fully in Redcamp but I did learn something out of the committee I was in. Once again, I would like to thank all the people whom I worked with during this Redcamp. It is my honor to work with you.

Now that Redcamp is over, it is time to catch up with my studies. Year 3 is really difficult and I am very scared that I can't do well.

Till then... take care my friends...

No comments:

 

training management software